Washington, DC – BioOne (about.bioone.org) honors five early career authors in three countries, who best communicate their specialized research beyond their immediate discipline and to the public at large.
Effective communication is fundamental to ensuring the use of scientific information to make informed, evidence-based decisions. BioOne invited qualified nominees to submit a 250-word, plain-language summary explaining how the results of their work apply across disciplines and to the public at large. BioOne is pleased to recognize these five individuals for their clarity and creativity.
- Dr. Ben Anderson – nominated by CSIRO Publishing
- Kalhari Bandara Goonewardene, Ph.D. Candidate – nominated by the American Association of Avian Pathologists
- Dr. Robbie Hart – nominated by the Missouri Botanical Garden
- Sarah Speck, Ph.D. Candidate – nominated by the International Mountain Society
- Dr. Larry Wood – nominated by the Society for the Study of Amphibians and Reptiles
BioOne created its Ambassador Award to spotlight rising scholars in their specialties and generate a wider interest in recent research from our publishing partners. Each winner will receive a $1,000 award and wide dissemination of their research.