BioOne today launched its new Publisher Administration Panel on the BioOne site, which will allow publisher administrators unprecedented “self-serve” access to a variety of account management tools.
Designated administrators may now log-on with their email address and password and
- update their organization’s name and logo, as it appears on their publisher informational page;
- update text on their journal and publisher informational pages, with space for Aims & Scope, Editorial Office information, Editorial Board listings, and Author Submission guidelines;
- add news and event “stories” and text/image advertisements to their publisher page, which could include calls for papers, announcements of forthcoming conferences, etc.
- designate specific articles to appear as Open Access, and search their publication’s current content appearing as OA (and adjust as desired);
- designate specific articles to appear as “featured” in BioOne’s Featured Articles section, with content selected rotating on an automated basis from the highlighted box on the homepage as well as the “More” page;
- easily download monthly usage statistics for their publication(s).
While these new features offer publishers a convenient option for immediate updates, the BioOne Customer Service team is still happy to make any updates directly.
Publishers interested in learning more about the new Publisher Administration Panel are encouraged to attend one of a series of forthcoming training sessions on the panel, as follows:
Friday, April 24th at 10am EST
Tuesday, April 28th at 10am EST
Thursday, April 30th at 2pm EST
Users can register for these training sessions by going to https://allenpress.webex.com/allenpress and searching for ‘BioOne’. Registration is required, and can occur up to 5 minutes before the training. Users who are unable to attend one of the sessions listed above or those with additional questions should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Publisher administrators may access this new functionality by logging-in to the site with their email address and password. Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions about the panel, organizational access credentials, or to add or delete administrators.